Brain Enhancement Program Research Study Project II
Diagnose : Autism
Age : 7 Years Old/ 2001
Data source :
This assessment is for BEP Research Study Project II purpose and based upon the following sources:
- Review of BEP#08004 School 2008 I.E.P. and school based assessment
- Four of progress questionnaires from Parent (8/11/08, 9/20/08,10/11/08,11/01/08)
- Interview with Parent (10/14/2008)
- Two of BEP Brain Function Test Reports
This evaluation report is focused on the improvement of the ability in brain functions, but no focuses on academic areas.
Start Date : August 11, 2008
Before Treatment/Baseline : August, 2008
- BEP#08004 does sometimes make and maintains eye contact while interacting with others.
- He is able to indicate specific items and activities which he wants by point to, pulling to, or standing by the particular item/activity.
- He will ask for the item if you ask "What do you want?" with reinforcing present and imitative prompt.
- He says or shakes his head 'yes" or 'no" indicate he want or do not want something.
- He says words or approximations of words.
- He does sometimes return greetings to others.
- He does actively explore available toys.
- He never asks peers for items.
- He does not ask for specific items or activities spontaneously.
- He never ask for information using "which", "When", "How", and "Why" questions.
- Presents hyperactivity
- Has difficulty with changes.
- Less self-esteem
- Has low energy
- He engages in repetitive gross motor movements
- Has present eating difficulties
- Poor emotional control
- Has trouble sitting still/ need to get up for each 20 minutes.
- Has problem of short term memory.
During Treatment : First Progress Report, November 06, 2008
Overall improving areas: BEP#08004 is more mutual, aware, focus, language comprehension, emotional control, happier, social skills, and problem solving skills.
- BEP#08004 makes and maintains eye contact while interacting with others.
- Has increasing and improving in his attention span.
- More focusing.
- More aware his sounding.
- Improving in his distracted behavioral.
- Improving in learning skills.
- Improving in short-term memory.
- Increasing in English and Chinese phrases.
- He says phrases and request items, actions or activities spontaneously.
- He asks for information using "Which", "When", "How" and "Why" sometimes.
- Increasing his ability with reasonable prompt responds.
- He has improving in return greetings to others.
- He asks peers for items.
- Reduces his hyperactive behavioral.
- Improving in follow instruction and the steps.
- Better emotional control/calmer.
- Improving in horse back riding skills.
- Has better understanding in perception of emotional nuance of speech.
- Has better understanding in perception of facial/body language in speech.
- Improving in directly express his feelings.
- Decreased visual-spatial anxious.
- Producing his curiosity in finding new things.
- Following through his tasks present the ability of problem solving.
- Has improved his motor functions: balance, posture, coordination.
- Aware of dangerous, and improved in changes.
Parents' Observation : January 11, 2009
| Speech/Language/Communication Skills:
|| He keeps the previous situation for communication.
Speech addressed by 3 - 5 words.
Language learning is gathering.
||He improves a little bit for joint group.
He can simply introduce himself when beign asked.
He is still afraid of learning by group.
|| Weak muscle strength. Health condition is fine thought eating food less.
Passive behavior for action.
He keeps improving of cognitive awareness, but short of sufficient feedback.
Sensory improving for learning new things.