Brain Enhancement Program Research Study Project II
Diagnose : Autism
Age : 13 Years Old/ 1995
Data source :
This assessment is for BEP Research Study Project II purpose and based upon the following sources:
- Review of BEP#08005 School 2008 I.E.P. and school based assessment
- Four of progress questionnaires from Parent (8/14/08, 9/19/08,10/18/08,11/10//08)
- Interview with Parent (10/16/2008)
- Two of BEP Brain Function Test Reports
This evaluation report is focused on the improvement of the ability in brain functions, but no focuses on academic areas.
Start Date : August 14, 2008
Before Treatment/Baseline : August, 2008
- BEP#08005 needs prompt to answer the questions.
- He looks at or come when his name is called.
- He follows an instruction to do a simple motor action.
- Has difficulties following complex instructions.
- Says words or approximations or words.
- Does not ask others for information using "Who", "When", "How", "Can", "Will", "Do" and "Why" questions.
- Has engaged in repetitive speech.
- Has engaged in repetitive gross motor movements.
- Is sensitive to noise and touch.
- Is easily distracted
- Has difficulty sustaining attention span for tasks in play, school and home.
- Has trouble shifting attention from subject to subject.
- Has difficult with changes.
- Poor comprehension in reading and listing/speaking.
- Has a tendency toward the anxious behavior from misinterpreted of spatial perception.
- Has difficulties decoding vocal information.
During Treatment : First Progress Report, November 11, 2008
Overall improving areas: BEP#08005 is improving in his mutuality, awareness, focus, speaking/language comprehension, memory/retrieval, emotional control, social skills, expresses his thoughts.
- BEP#08005 has motivate to express his feelings, and with meaningful relative information within the topics.
- He has better shifting attention from subject to subject.
- Bette comprehension skills in the areas of listening, speaking, writing and reading.
- Won't be able to ask questions that relay to the book he reads.
- Presents more maturity in various areas.
- Improving in social skills.
- Has motivation with making new friends.
- Improving in learning speed.
- Improving short term memory.
- Improving in independent problem solving and self corrected functions.
- He is more aware his surrounding in detail.
- Is able to retrieval the events from yesterday.
- Presents more organized.
- Builds up his motivation in learning.
- Improving in his creativities and imagination.
- Has tendency enjoys music.
- Improving in Emotional control/management, accepts explanation/reason.
- Increase attention span.
- Not improving in decoding vocal intonation/ read the tone.
- Improving in the area of complex psychomotor coordination.
- Reducing the anxious behavior from misinterpreted of spatial perception
Parents' Observation : January 10, 2009/2/28
| Speech/Language/Communication Skills:
|| Limited progress, he is still reluctant to speak. Not automatically talks to
person, needs to remind him to do
||Limited (not interact), poor. Needs to push him to improve
||Improved (more control)