Brain Enhancement Program Research Study Project II
Diagnose : Autism
Age : 2 Years Old/ 2006
Data source :
This assessment is for BEP Research Study Project II purpose and based upon the following sources:
- Review of BEP#08009 Early Start Evaluation Summary 2008
- Two of progress questionnaires from Parent (8/20/08, 11/08/08)
- Interview with Parent (10/09/2008)
- One of BEP Brain Function Test Reports
This evaluation report is focused on the improvement of the ability in brain functions, but no focuses on academic areas.
Start Date : August 20, 2008
Before Treatment/Baseline : August, 2008
- BEP#08009 makes and maintains very limited eye contact while interacting with others.
- Follows one step simple instruction.
- Very limited initiate greetings to others.
- Does not ask others for items or share items.
- Does not converse with others.
- Limited get others attention while attempting to interact.
- Does sometimes say words or approximations of words.
- Not pay attention in surrounding.
- Has a tendency to play with toys with consistent an identifiable items.
- Often asks specific items he wants by point to or pulling to the particular item.
- Is able to pretend to do an activity sometimes. (pushing a car)
- No behavioral problem.
- Problem solving (Cognition) skills at development age of 17 month.
- Talking, Listening, understanding (Language).
Expressive: 3 month, Sound Production : 6 month, Receptive : 0-3 month.
- Sitting, Crawling, Walking (Gross Motor) : 16 month.
- Use of Hands and Eyes (Fine Motor) : 18 month
- Interaction with People (Social Emotional) : 9 month.
- Self Care (Adaptive): 9 month.
During Treatment : First Progress Report, November 08, 2008
Overall improving areas: BEP#08009 speaking, pronunciation and recognizing has significant improvement, extends eye contact span.
- BEP#08009 improving in attention span. (home, school and social activities)
- Improving attention in surroundings.
- Is able to follow and remember 2 steps instruction.
- New learned sentence/words apply to his daily life.
- Increasing his oral expression instead of body language.
- Not able to use finger to point or oral replies questions after reading a story book.
- Not able to comprehend simple metaphors.
- Has improving in distracting by sound, things or people.
- Increasing the range/types of toys selection.
- Increasing the ranges/categories in reading materials.
- Remember the new learned things.
- Increasing the listening comprehension in the stories.
- Increasing the ability in color distinction and recognition.
- Improving in using correct short sentence for his requests.
- Reply the greetings with prompt.
- Has tendency to join the children activities when getting an invitation.
- Improving follow the complicated body movements/activities.
- Appears different methods of playing toys.
- Is willing to share the toy with others.
- Increasing time in watching other kids' play.
- Has tendency to touch the desired items spontaneously.
- Improving in reading ability.
- Increasing the ability of emotional control. (accept advice)
- Better quality of sleep.
- Increasing awareness of danger.
- Improving shifting attention from subject/active to subject/active.
Parents' Observation : January 09, 2009
| Speech/Language/Communication Skills:
|| He is able to speak two-word phrases. He is able to speak "I want" for a few
terms. He is more vocals.
||Not much improvement, He still prefer "alone".
He has better eye contact.
||His behavior about the same comparing to 3 months ago.
He still is hitting people (But less frequently). He cried a lot when his need has not met.
He is more aware of surrounding, avoiding certain objects.