Brain Enhancement Program Research Study Project II
Diagnose : Autism
Age : 5 Years Old/ 2003
Data source :
This assessment is for BEP Research Study Project II purpose and based upon the following sources:
- Review of BEP#08012 School 2008 I.E.P. report and school based assessment.
- Three of progress questionnaires from Parent (8/26/08, 10/25/08, 11/01/08)
- Interview with Grandfather and Parent (10/03/07/2008)
- One of BEP Brain Function Test Reports
This evaluation report is focused on the improvement of the ability in brain functions, but no focuses on academic areas.
Start Date : August 26, 2008
Before Treatment/Baseline : August, 2008
- BEP#08012 does spontaneously say words sometimes.
- Does spontaneously say two phrases: I want water", "I need peepee"
- Very limited words: water and peepee.
- Does follow simply instruction and needs to gesture prompt.
- Does not answer the question: "what do you want".
- Does not say or shake his head "yes" or ”„no" indicate they want or do not want something.
- Does not ask for "help" when needed.
- Pulling others to the particular items/activity he wants.
- Does not play with other children.
- Does not pretend to be somebody or pretend to do any activity.
- Does limited eye contact or maintain eye contact while interacting with others.
- Does not ask share or share items with others.
- Does demonstrate sensitivity to sounds.
- Does often engage in repetitive speech and gross motor movements.
During Treatment : First Progress Report, November 01, 2008
Overall improving areas: BEP#08012 awareness, maturity, spontaneous responses, eye contact, attention span, flexibility, tries new food, and listening comprehension.
- BEP#08012 improving in his attention span.
- Improving his eye contact and maintain eye contact while interacting with others.
- He has not improving in return greetings to others.
- He does not share his toys with other children.
- Improving in his observation /attention in surroundings.
- Has a tendency trying new things.
- Improving in listening comprehension.
- Increasing learning speed.
- Increasing in using simple adjectives.
- Increasing new vocabularies/sentences and applies to his daily life.
- Reducing his echolalia language.
- Has a tendency to join/learn music.
- Improving in sequential processing. (step-by-step)
- Still needs to remind him the procedure.
- Establishing a thinking model with relate information.
- More thoughtful.
- Increasing his curiosity to explore/observe things.
- Improving in prompt responses.
- Willing to try various foods.
- Better quality of sleep and physical condition.
- Improving in taking turns.
- Improving with changes.
- More choices with toy selections.
Parents' Observation : January 10, 2009
| Speech/Language/Communication Skills:
|| He can repeat more then 3 words in one sentence.
He starts to say "I want”K.", not very often; only knows to put "DVD",
Computer, music..". after "want".
||Do not see apparent progress.
||Starts to follow more directions/instructions.
He is able to take off his sweater and put on pants, brush his teeth.
He shows his interest in music, sings with songs, and listens to the music
DVD repeatedly; he tries to conduct with the rhythm, input his words into the songs with correct rhythm.
He has clearer sense of numbers, and starts to know the meaning of "count"