Brain Enhancement Program Research Study Project II
Diagnose : Mantel Retardation
Age : 16 Years Old/ 1992
Data source :
This assessment is for BEP Research Study Project II purpose and based upon the following sources:
- Review BEP#08015 School 2008 I.E.P. and school based assessment
- Two of progress questionnaires from Parent (8/31/08, 11/02/08)
- Interview with Parent (10/09/2008)
- BEP Brain Function Test Report
This evaluation report is focused on the improvement of the ability in brain functions, but no focuses on academic areas.
Start Date :August 31, 2008
Before Treatment/Baseline : August, 2008
- BEP#080015 is sensitive to noise/sound
- Overall his comprehension and mental age is 4 to 5 years lower then his peers.
- Has trouble to answer with a complete sentence.
- Lake of comprehension skills in various areas.
- Has difficulty with communication with others physically, but good at using cell phone to task message.
- Has trouble with short term memory.
- Has tendency to hold his routine schedule.
- Low self-esteem
- Has tendency to the obsessive behavior/ intends get what he wants aggressively.
During Treatment : First Progress Report, November 02, 2008
Overall improving areas: BEP#08015 maturity, flexibility, memory and comprehension.
- BEP#080015 improving self-correction skills. (homework/daily life activities)
- Increasing his speed in thinking and answering questions.
- Improving with speaking in a better construction and sensible sentences.
- Increasing in using his inquiry sentences.
- Has improving the maturity in his attitude performance.
- Improving in comprehension with his homework.
- Lack of doing his homework independently.
- Not improving his writing skill in the areas of grammar and its length.
- Improving in listening comprehension.
- Improving in the concept of cause and effect.
- A higher lever playing games skills.
- Increasing reading speed.
- Improving in finding key word from reading books or magazines.
- Improving in remembering the instructions and follow through.
- Improving in independent workability, without giving details instruction.
- Increasing new words and using in daily life.
- Has tendency to imagine or create with things he saw, listened or read, and shows in words or behavioral.
- Has not improved in comprehending simple metaphors.
- Pay more attention in detail.
- Improving in reading comprehension.
- Improving in his social skills.
- Improving in memory./ school and after school homework.
- Improving in math calculation.
- Has better performance with a positive re-enforcement.
- Reducing to hold negative thoughts a long period of time.
Parents' Observation : January 11, 2009
|| He talks more often and language skill is better.
|| He is more active.
|| He has a better attitude.
He gains weight during this period of time.