Brain Enhancement Program Research Study Project II
Diagnose : Autism
Age : 19 Years Old/ 1989
Data source :
This assessment is for BEP Research Study Project II purpose and based upon the following sources:
- Three of progress questionnaires from Parent (8/31/08, 11/01/08)
- Interview with Parent (10/13/07/2008)
- BEP Brain Function Test Report
This evaluation report is focused on the improvement of the ability in brain functions, but no focuses on academic areas.
Start Date :August 31, 2008
Before Treatment/Baseline : August, 2008
- BEP#080014 never ask for information using "which" questions.
- Has limited asking for information using or answers "Wh" questions.
- Does sometimes ask peers for items or ask others to share item.
- Does always perseveration items, activities or topics.
- Is capable to use short sentences to express his needs.
- He loves to sing songs.
- Using "I don't know" to answer any questions that need to have a further thinking.
- Has difficulty to find the key point from story.
- Does limited maintain eye contact while interacting with others.
- He will ask for a missing item needed to complete a task.
- Is able to answer with simple and straight questions.
- Does not express his emotional feelings verbally.
- Does play with toy with consistent with an identifiable theme.
- Offers non-preferred items, he ignores (has no reaction) to response others.
- Has periods of spaciness (daydream)
- Has a tendency to follow his routine schedule, and difficulty with changes.
- Shy temperament and no behavior problem.
During Treatment : First Progress Report, November 11, 2008
Overall improving areas: BEP#08014 BEP#08014 awareness, maturity, flexibility, attention span, emotional control and listening comprehension.
- BEP#080014 improving in his learning speed.
- Does not show his interest in connecting with his surroundings
- Improving in his comprehension through his body language and language.
- Improving in reading comprehension.
- Is able to sustain the same topic.
- Increasing new words learned from schoolmates, and applies to daily life.
- Improving in comparing/recognizing with similar items.
- Has better understanding with warming signs/ visual and verbal.
- Increasing the skills of playing games.
- Improving emotional control slightly.
- Has tendency to express his feelings.
- Has not improved in comprehending simple metaphors.
- Improving his awareness of dangerous/keep away danger.
- Express his joyful from an affirmation.
- Showing his passion with dog.
- Has more attention on his brother.
- Has a tendency to have a close contact with others.
- Improving in express his opinion with Yes or No answers.
- Has his own idea for his choices.
- Improving with using different words/ways to express himself.
- Has a tendency to try to answer any questions.
- Initiate talking to others has his main purpose.
- Improving in his attention span.
- Shorten his temple tantrums span.
- Accepting/listening the explanations.
- Improving his maturity in behavior.
- Improving his attention in surrounding.
- Improving in shifting attention from subject/place to subject/place.
Parents' Observation : January 10, 2009
|| He can offer his friend to eat or drink when they came to the house.
He says less "I don't Know"
|| He like to have friend coming over to his house.
He calls friends to invite them by phone.
|| He can control his emotion better.
When he works the dog, he has no sense of avoid the puddle or mud areas.
He is better personality, more calm and peace.
His immune system is stronger.